Longing

Sunday, April 5, 2009

I stand there,
on the seashore.


No soul
here.

Except for
the faint, distant,
flicker
of candlelight,
in faraway cottage.

I stand on the beach,
that straddles
limestone cliff
and blue sea.

Stars sing
overhead.
In slow, hushed
whispers.

I stand here,
and shout out,
wordlessly.

It was enough.

I was there,
collapsing on
the sand

Heart and eyes crying
None but gulls abd crabs
to hear me.

Then He came.
And touched my shoulder.
I looked up.

He offered His hand,
and helped me
pick myself

up.

I sat with Him
for awhile.
by lapping,
splashing, waves.


I didn't know
what
to say.

But I held tight,
to
His
hand.

I felt and empty
sp t
where His
upper wrist
should be.

I looked at Him,
He smiled at me.
Somberly.


The want
to scream
left me.


All else relevant,
Now irrelevant.


Then we held each other,
Yahweh, and me.

I
never
knew
why
He
did
it.

but He did.
He embraced me.

We sat
under,
over,
Moonlight.

Beach sand on our toes.
None but gulls and crabs
to hear us,


As we,
He and I,
laughed,
cried,
talked,
chatted,

and spoke in hushed tones.

In the night.

2 comments:

Melting Moments said...

Awesome! Nice read.

Anonymous said...

What a BEAUTIFUL poem.

Post a Comment