Firk-Nott Volcabulary

Thursday, April 2, 2009

I think I'm going a bit too enthusiastic about Tyatora.

Maybe even crazy about it.

I've gotten so excited with the idea of fleshing out Tyatora and its world, this driving hobby of mine to get everything about this fantasy realm of mine organized, A to Z. Ideas of new peoples and cultures and places pop into my mind every now and then, but I'm gearing myself up for perhaps the toughest aspect of my fantasy world:

Language-making.

I don't think I'll feel truly satisfied wiith my work without several developed languages in my fantasy. It just has to be made.

I've been trying for the past month or so to develop languages for the world Tyatora. I'm not sure how to start, nor do I know exactly what I plan to do. I have absolutely no idea how to complete my self-imposed goal, but oh well. . .

There goes a stab in the dark.

So far, I've been trying to create some root words and suffixes for the Firk-Nott language of Tyatora. I've got roughly forty words down on paper, based on about twenty or so roots. The idea is to form the roots first, then combine these roots with other roots and suffixes. Most of the Firk-Nott nouns and pronouns will be made this way (the language I'm making will have a lot of compound words).

Pronouns, articles, and prepositions will be developed next (if I haven't given up altogether by then). From there, I'll come up somehow with the grammar.

This is all in theory, of course, and there probably will be a lot of kinks to iron out of my experimental language.

Here are a few of the words I've made, Firk-Nott words placed first, and the English equivalent placed next to it:


olkvo = considerate, polite, good
alin = people/person
dram =man/male being
nill = lady/female being
olkvo-dram =gentleman
olkvo-nill= polite lady
Frantar = Traveller

I'm out of time, Mom's calling me to see something.

I apologize, good Reader.

Until the next post,
Joshua of Tyatora.

0 comments:

Post a Comment