Infinity; thoughts of.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Yes, I do sound a bit like Mr. Yoda with a title like that, but bear with me. Haha!

I've been studying on decimals and estimation lately in my math. Somehow, the subject of recurring decimals came into my textbook, and that got me thinking.

(FYI for those who may have forgotten, recurring decimals are decimal numbers that go on and on and on without ever ending. E.g., 3.3333333. . . )

Not to say I haven't thought of it before, but perhaps I've never pondered on the concept as deeply. Infinity. To go on and on without end, to stretch over the plains of foever, to know a beginning but not an end. The thought of htat dizzies my mortal head.

Somehow, that thought struck me deeply. while my textbook drew out its examples and un-memorizable facts, the feel of forever hit me like a thuunderbolt. More real than before.

Heaven.

And hell.

And as recurring numbers never end, so would these be. Always, with beginning but no end. Heaven must truly be wonderful, for all who dwell within it are always happy, throughout the halls of time. At the same time, hell is also goes forever. The tartarus-like pit meant for satan, that will not stop belching its flames of fire and agony. I think of all of those, before me and after me, who were tricked and blinded by satan to go with him, down to the bootomless place.

Forever, forever, forever. . .

I cannot bear to think of that. All the ancestors before me, who never knew God's grace. I can imagine Him reaching out His arm to humanity, but they do not see. They who were misled by the Enemy. It is frightening a thought.

I look at these, at where one goes after death, the recurring numbers, the plains of time, God and His mercy. They are to real for we Christians to dismiss with a wave and a "yeah, I agree." I feel urgently the need to reach out to others, and I don't dare stop.

I look forward to heaven, and hope that the One God of Eternity may use me to do His will.

The wonderful and terrible thought:

Forever, forever, forever. . .

1 comments:

BLCS93 said...

Hi, did you know how to convert recurring decimals to fractions??
Here's how:
0.33333333...
let y=o.33333..
Therefore, 10y= 3.33333......
10y-y=9y
9y=3.
therefore, y=3/9=1/3
SORRY.... I'm feeling very very very VERY weird today. Please forgive me. BTW, regarding your blog: there is nothing else to say that hasn't been said. You're writing is colourful, interesting, exciting, and fun.
Keep it up.
PS: I will let my class read your blog. Oh, and my teacher will also probably see this too. I think he will like it.
BLCS (Ben Likes Counter-Strike)
LOL

Post a Comment