Heaviness

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I remember things once heard before,
That once had been, but is no more.
They grasp the slipping past that glides upon the tide,
Time has carried the path that all men ride.
Fallen are the great towers, the castles of Old Kings,
Desolate the waste where the Songbirds pine and sing.

This is the destruction of Olciun, place of many days,
Land beyond the moon, once bathed in the merry sun rays.
All is woe, if only you had heeded,
And repented, that the blood-bathed earth so greatly needed,
Had you not turned from your ways of sin,
And turn to Elohim, Creator of the ground and the wind.

Repent, oh people of Olciun!
Hear the words of your prophets' scrolls and runes!
Don't make me pour the judgement that Justice demands!
Turn from your ways, wash the blood off your hands!
Flee from those desires that you know are neither justified nor right,
Do not hide in the darkness, come with Me to light!

I cannot call forever, one day, this weighing scale will fall one end,
This land can hold your sin no longer, and the iron rod will bend.
I do not want to pour out death, upon your once-good Olciun,
Turn and look to me, oh Land Beyond the Moon!
Come back, remember that you have fallen from a height!
Oh Olciun, Olciun, Come into the Light!

Let Me change your ways, you, both the simple and the wise,
Come to me, oh people, let Me open your eyes!
I hold much gifts I've longed to give that you will not except,
I knocked upon your gates, while your cities' fathers slept!
Come back, remember that you have fallen from a height!
Oh Olciun, Olciun, Come into the Light!

2 comments:

timliew said...

Like it keep it up.!

Tricia said...

Epic poems seem to be your forte (and passion! )

Post a Comment