Predicaments

Thursday, May 7, 2009

I have a predicament. Actually, make that two predicaments. Of violin and contact lens.

Well, as it is, my music teacher was organizing a small-scale performence for a few of her students. I'm probably performing. I feel a lump of mild dread in my throat. I'm probably doing Auld Lang Sune or Ode to Joy (I'm still on Grade 1-2). I'm nervous. mI'll bloop big-time, or I'll feel dwarfed (or "dwarved", as Tolkien would say) by all the hihger grade musicians in the mini-concert. I am anxious, put succinctly.

AS for the contact lens, well, that predicament is a bit less heartening. I'm going to start wearing contacts soon. Evidently semi-hard lens keep the cornea (the colored part of your eye) from growing longer, and increasing my eye power. I pray my power will go down, eventually. The optometrist gave me a sample lens to test for a few minutes. It was odd. Every blink resulted in a slight feel of some foreign object in my eye. She said I'll get used to it. Oh well, I'm thankful for the contacts my parents are investing in, whether the first few blinks will be a bit uncomfortable.

Predicaments, predicaments, and more predicaments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Josh! If you have to perform, don't worry! I was NERVOUS on my 1st performance and everyone was older than me. But, it turned out fine. So, Akuna Matata (No worries)!

Tricia said...

Anxiety is part of preparation for the performance. Actually, I wrote that because I can't think of what to say except - GO OUT THERE AND HAVE A BLAST!

Eron y Huéven said...

Oh, thanks! hope it goes well anyways.

Post a Comment