Poem on Mother'ds Day

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mater, Queen among many, fair above the fair,
Forever be remembered, the golden crown you bear.

This circlet, unseen to simple human eye,
Forever on your brow, does the ancient crown of mothers lie.

A crown of many joys, and crown of many sorrows,
Growing richer by each day, each passing of a morrow.

Heavy with experience, laden with with memory,
Light with singing laughter, so you may yet dance merrily.

With honor I behold you, though not always best expressed,
Though it does not change my love for thee, nor make it any less.

For amm my mortal days I swear, I will forget you not,
Hold me by this oath, whatever my destiny's lot.

Mater, great Queen among many, fair above the fair,
Forever I remember, the golden crown you bear.

0 comments:

Post a Comment