To dream, to believe, to dare.

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Had a dream last night. I recall only glimpses in my mind's eye. It was the seven years, in my dream. The last seven years prophecied of in Revalations. It was terrible. A great cloud of darkness fell over me. The anti-christ looked like a sea-cucumber. Vague concepts and prophecies rang in and out of that dream. It was odd. And serious, all at the same time.

But one part, just one part, plagued my mind, repeating itself over and over again in that dream, and even to now. I recall that in that dream, there were two nameless faces. I did not really know them, but somehow I knew they weren't very pleasant folk. I wanted them to be saved. I prayed (in the dream) that someone would lead them to God. But no one did. When I tried, I was told that it was too late. It was, evidently, the end times, and they had chosen which path to take. Eternal life, or eternal unlife. It scared me. I don't know why, but I cried for those mean, unlikeable two people (don't worry, it isn't really anyone I know). Because they went to the place that was never supposed to hold them.

I was scared for all my relatives who weren't saved, and had chosen the wrong path. A shocking jolt of fear and pain and fury and sadness filled me. For one moment, I realized how terrible the thought of that could be. One eternity without God. For so many people! So many people, relatives, friends, acquaintances, and celebrities. Some by choice, some by ignorance, some because some snobbish, self-righteous so-called Christians didn't do anything to reach out to them. All careening to that terrifying place that was never meant for them. I felt so helpless, so powerless, to aid those two nameless people in my dream.

Then I woke up.

It was terrifying, it was a most nightmarish dream. Yet, it gave me, for one moment, the urgency of the Great Commission. It also gave me a new thankfulness, a new thankfulness for all God has saved us from. He made it so easy, simply to admit, ask, believe, and then say it all out. He made it so easy to be free of that terrible place. Indeed how brilliant is our God.

But still, people need to know about it before they can believe.

And hopefully, when God calls me to do something, I'll be willing. I pray I will be.

Carpe Eternitas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sea Cucumber?
Ok. That was a really weird dream. Whatever you have been doing to make your dream that way, I have no idea. Sometimes I wonder if God tries to speak to us in dreams.
Hmmmmmmm..........
Maybe the antichrist is from Hawaii?
Maybe Obama. The guy from Hawaii or Kenya.
And... here is the answer to why the sky is blue: God made it that way.

Eron y Huéven said...

Sea cucumber. Obama? A Hawaiian? It's interesting. We always speculate, never knowing. The uncertainty of the future makes it such a good place to dream of.

I would agree that God does speak to us in dreams, or through them. I wonder how many any of us really pick up on those nightly messages.

Thank you for the comprehensive paper you sent me on why the sky is blue. :)

God bless,
Joshua of Tyatora

Post a Comment