More philology. . .

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I've resumed my efforts to build the Tyatoran language again. Oh help me. Why on earth (or why out of this earth) must I be so hypnotically drawn to Tyatora? Grrr...I can feel it beckoning me.

This language is different from Firk-Nott. That is the tongue of a specific race in Tyatora. The new language I'm trying to develop is the national language of the country.

The language is probably gonna consist of a lot of A's, O's, and E's, but very few I's. The idea is to restrict its variety to improve the character of the language.

I have no idea of the consonants yet.

Nothing but a foggy idea of grammar so far, so please don't ask much aobut it. I'm planning to make it a bit more straightforward than English. No past tenses, just run, run, or run.

No lie, lay, lain. Just "lay, lay, and lay."

But I could try making a bunch of gibberish now and see if my concepts work out:


Huonankalh! Lue-faloyn nol dansaruun en landelyn Narhu. Liem, landelyn diechlor vra, wue talmer mey'seren. Aun Huakh Beleyk-nan, bosrein! Oiy'e, sea matolh bosrein harek nakh huil. Desnan key mer' o waldvarey nuonan, kethan donorh landeleyn varthi'e!

OR

Look! Fallen are the leaves of the Narhu tree. Yes, the tree is dying indeed, and the fruit is not big. But remember my contempt, Enemy! Oh, sharp axe of my foes hack to no avail. This bark of mine is strong, while the will of this tree endures as life.

What do you think? Did my paragraph sound like any other language you'veh heard? Still trying to pinpoint some aspects of it. . . :)

4 comments:

Tricia said...

It would be interesting to see how this develops! How are the consonants pronounced? For example, how are 'k', 'gh' and 'l' spoken?
Ever heard spoken Gaelic?

Eron y Huéven said...

hmmm...

K is pronouced as in English (Kite)

Gh is pronounced g-huh in a most guttural way. (Ghan-vuonan) (g-han-vu-oh-nan.)

L is pronounced much like in our world, when in the beginning of a word, but if it is part of a middle, or the last syllable, the 'l' is rolled out

Hence, Landeleyn, (Tyatoran for 'tree') is pronounced

"Lann-dey,lle'yn"

Nope, never heard Gaelic, :(. How does it sound like?

And thanks for the support...:)

Tricia said...

Take a look at :
http://www.smo.uhi.ac.uk/gaeilge/gramadach/aibitir/

You can also listen to Karen Padget sing/speak Gaelic in this video on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKcId4qDZG0&feature=PlayList&p=558E148E1A776968&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=23

(it's a worship song btw)

Enjoy!

Eron y Huéven said...

Thanks! I shall check the out. But wait...I think I have heard some...we have a cd with Christ in My Heart in Gaelic (I think.)

Post a Comment