Quotes I Like.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

I love these!


"Be very, very careful what you put into that head, because you will never, ever get it out."

Thomas Cardinal Wolsey (1471-1530)


"It is the cause, not the death, that makes the martyr."

Napoleon Bonaparte


"Soldiers generally win battles; generals get credit for them."

Napoleon Bonaparte


"Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration."

Thomas Edison


"I start where the last man left off."

Thomas Edison


"I confess that in 1901 I said to my brother Orville that man would not fly for fifty years."

Wilbur Wright


“It is the job that is never started that takes longest to finish.”

J.R.R. Tolkien


“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.”

J.R.R. Tolkien


“There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way”

C.S. Lewis


“Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see.”

C.S. Lewis


“We are all fallen creatures and all very hard to live with.”

C.S. Lewis


"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

Alexander the Great


"Hasten slowly."


Augustus

0 comments:

Post a Comment